January 2018 Job Placement
Currently, the national AGO website is posting 6 jobs in Georgia and 2 jobs in South Carolina. Please check the national website for more information.
Saxe Gotha Presbyterian Church of Lexington, SC is seeking applications to fill the part time position of Organist/Music Associate. SGPC is a thriving ECO non-liturgical congregation in the heart of Lexington, SC, with an engaging music and arts ministry. Responsibilities include providing organ accompaniment for two traditional worship services, accompanying weekly adult and youth choir rehearsals, directing the handbell ensemble, and playing for funerals and weddings. The organist will serve on a team that includes the Director of Music and Arts, several audio/visual specialists and a staff pianist. Qualified candidates will possess at least an undergraduate degree in music and/or appropriate experience in a traditional worship setting. This position has the possibilityfor expanding for the right candidate to complete administrative tasks for the worship and arts ministry. This position can range from 10 to 30 hours a week with a salary ranging $18,000 to $40,000 and will be based on education, experience, and hours worked. All interested candidates should contact Director of Music and Arts, Hal McIntosh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-359-7770, extension 13.
1997 Allen Organ, L DK console
3 manual “Renaissance” 370 with Midi
AGO pedalboard- 16 memory capture toe studs
Pedal Division(15 stops)
Swell Division(20 stops)
Solo Division (7 stops)
Great Division (15 stops)
Choir Division (15 stops)
Couplers Division(19 stops)
General Division(10 stops)
1. The First Congregational Church United Church of Christ, located on Historic Whitefield Square (421 Habersham Street) in Savannah, is a very small but historic congregation located in downtown Savannah. There is a pipe organ, but mostly the piano is used in worship services (11AM on Sunday). Currently, there is no choir but the church hopes to start a new one.
If interested, please contact Ms. Helen Washington (234-5711), or the church office (912-236-6521). You are welcomed to leave a message.
2. Carteret Street United Methodist Church 408 Carteret Street, Beaufort, SC 29902 Phone (843) 524-3841 email@example.com ~ www.carteretstumc.org
Carteret Street United Methodist Church, Beaufort, SC, is seeking a part-time organist who will provide music in a worshipful spirit on Sunday morning and other occasions. Profile:
· Average worship attendance of 250.
· Other services as needed (Christmas Eve, Advent Lunch, Lenten Lunch, Hanging of the Green, funerals, weddings as needed)
· The choir is composed of 18-20 semi-professional voices who are faithfully committed to the ministry of music. Two cantatas are presented each year.
· The organ of 12 ranks and chimes was built by M.P. Moller in 1976. It was rebuilt by A.E. Schleuter in 2013 and includes 36 speaking stops with standard couplers. Console accessories include a combination action with 64 memory levels, swell and crescendo expression shoes, sforzando, transposer, and record/playback system. The organ is prepared for MIDI voices. A grand piano is also present in the sanctuary.
· Person who professes the Christian faith and exhibits Christian character.
· Degrees in music are preferred, but not required.
· Experienced in church setting.
· Works well with others as a member of a team.
· Cooperate with Senior Minister and Music Director to provide music that enhances corporate worship.
· Play for all worship services to include weddings as requested and funerals.
· Consult with family regarding the selection of appropriate music and arrangements for weddings. The organist is paid for these services by the family according to the fee schedule adopted by the Wedding Policy of Carteret Street UMC.
· Approve, with consultation of the Senior Minister and Music Director, the use of the organ by any other qualified performer.
· Rehearse as necessary to play proficiently. Voluntaries from standard organ literature as well as hymn-based compositions are appreciated. Creative hymn introductions, registrations, and occasional harmonic variations are welcome.
· Secure a substitute organist when needed. The substitute will be paid in accordance with the procedures established by the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
· Maintain music for the organ in an orderly manner.
· Attend meetings as requested by the Senior Minister or Choir Director.
Compensation and Accountability: This is a part-time position consisting of 12-15 hours per week. The salary range is $16,000 to $20,500. The organist reports directly to the Director of Music and is under the supervision of the Senior Minister and Staff-Parish Relations Committee. The church will pay for AGO membership as a professional/educational benefit. FICA is paid by the church. Application Process: Persons interested in applying should provide a complete resume and no less than three professional references. Send resume and references to: Mrs. Cindy Keener, Chair, Staff-Parish Relations Committee CUMC@islc.net Church Office Phone: 843-524-3841