To log in and view the postings on the National AGO website using your member name and password, CLICK HERE.
July 2017 Job Placement
Currently, the national AGO website is posting 4 jobs in South Carolina and 8 jobs in Georgia. Please check the national website for more information.
- Carteret Street United Methodist Chuch
408 Carteret Street, Beaufort, SC 29902
Phone (843) 524-3841
firstname.lastname@example.orgCarteret Street United Methodist Church, Beaufort, SC, is seeking a part-time organist who will provide music in a worshipful spirit on Sunday morning and other occasions.
- Average worship attendance of 250.
- Two services: 9:00AM and 11:00AM on Sundays (September-May)
- One service: 10:00AM (June-August).
- Other services as needed (Christmas Eve, Advent Lunch, Lenten Lunch, Hanging of the Green, funerals, weddings as needed)
- The choir is composed of 18-20 semi-professional voices who are faithfully committed to the ministry of music. Two cantatas are presented each year.
- The organ of 12 ranks and chimes was built by M.P. Moller in 1976. It was rebuilt by A.E. Schleuter in 2013 and includes 36 speaking stops with standard couplers. Console accessories include a combination action with 64 memory levels, swell and crescendo expression shoes, sforzando, transposer, and record/playback system. The organ is prepared for MIDI voices. A grand piano is also present in the sanctuary.
- Person who professes the Christian faith and exhibits Christian character.
- Degrees in music are preferred, but not required.
- Experienced in church setting.
- Works well with others as a member of a team.
- Cooperate with Senior Minister and Music Director to provide music that enhances corporate worship.
- Play for all worship services to include weddings as requested and funerals.
- Consult with family regarding the selection of appropriate music and arrangements for weddings. The organist is paid for these services by the family according to the fee schedule adopted by the Wedding Policy of Carteret Street UMC.
- Approve, with consultation of the Senior Minister and Music Director, the use of the organ by any other qualified performer.
- Rehearse as necessary to play proficiently. Voluntaries from standard organ literature as well as hymn-based compositions are appreciated. Creative hymn introductions, registrations, and occasional harmonic variations are welcome.
- Secure a substitute organist when needed. The substitute will be paid in accordance with the procedures established by the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
- Maintain music for the organ in an orderly manner.
- Attend meetings as requested by the Senior Minister or Choir Director.
Compensation and Accountability:
This is a part-time position consisting of 12-15 hours per week. The salary range is $16,000 to $20,500. The organist reports directly to the Director of Music and is under the supervision of the Senior Minister and Staff-Parish Relations Committee. The church will pay for AGO membership as a professional/educational benefit. FICA is paid by the church.
Persons interested in applying should provide a complete resume and no less than three professional references. Send resume and references to:
Mrs. Cindy Keener, Chair, Staff-Parish Relations Committee
Church Office Phone: 843-524-3841
2. The First Congregational Church United Church of Christ, located on Historic Whitefield Square (421 Habersham Street) in Savannah, is a very small but historic congregation located in downtown Savannah. There is a pipe organ, but we mostly use the piano in their services (11AM on Sunday). Currently, there is no choir but we hope to start a new one.
If interested, please contact Ms. Helen Washington (234-5711), or the church office (912-236-6521). You are welcomed to leave a message, and they will call you back.
2. All Saints Church, Hilton Head Island: POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.