St. Peter’s Catholic School on Lady’s Island in Beaufort has an immediate opening for a part-time music teacher who is qualified, either with a music or teaching degree, or both. Must have experience working in a school with groups of children, working closely with Parish Director of Music. Enthusiastic with a love for children! Catholic is not mandatory- 2 days per week; Wednesday and Thursday plus Cherub Choir on Thursday afternoons.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
2. Trinity Chapel UMC in Tybee Island, Georgia, is seeking a part-time director of music ministries. This position will require approximately 10 hours per week. Responsibilities include providing accompaniment during Sunday morning worship as well as occasional seasonal services, directing the chancel choir, and leading choir rehearsal on Wednesday evenings during the school year. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information or a complete job description,, please contact the church office at 912.786.4491 or email@example.com.
Contact: Mary Ellen Sebring
Address: PO Box 378 911 Butler Ave. Tybee Island GA 31328
Phone: 912.786.4491 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: trinitychapelumc.org
3. Carteret Street United Methodist Church 408 Carteret Street, Beaufort, SC 29902
Phone (843) 524-3841, email@example.com.
Carteret Street United Methodist Church, Beaufort, SC, is seeking a part-time organist who will
provide music in a worshipful spirit on Sunday morning and other occasions.
· Average worship attendance of 250.
· One service: 10:30AM (Year-Round), and weekly Adult Choir Rehearsals (Wed. Sept.-May),
and Monthly on Sunday evenings (June-August).
· Other services as needed (Christmas Eve, Advent Lunch, Lenten Lunch, Hanging of the Green,
funerals, weddings as needed)
· The choir is composed of 18-20 semi-professional voices who are faithfully committed to the
ministry of music. Two cantatas are presented each year.
· The organ of 12 ranks and chimes was built by M.P. Moller in 1976. It was rebuilt by A.E.
Schleuter in 2013 and includes 36 speaking stops with standard couplers. Console accessories
include a combination action with
64 memory levels, swell and crescendo expression shoes, sforzando, transposer, and
The organ is prepared for MIDI voices. A grand piano is also present in the sanctuary.
· Person who professes the Christian faith and exhibits Christian character.
· Degrees in music are preferred, but not required.
· Experienced in church setting.
· Works well with others as a member of a team.
· Cooperate with Senior Minister and Music Director to provide music that enhances corporate
· Play for all worship services to include weddings as requested and funerals.
· Consult with family regarding the selection of appropriate music and arrangements for
weddings. The organist is paid for these services by the family according to the fee schedule
adopted by the Wedding Policy of Carteret Street UMC.
· Approve, with consultation of the Senior Minister and Music Director, the use of the organ by
any other qualified performer.
· Rehearse as necessary to play proficiently. Voluntaries from standard organ literature as well as
hymn-based compositions are appreciated. Creative hymn introductions, registrations, and
occasional harmonic variations are welcome.
· Secure a substitute organist when needed. The substitute will be paid in accordance with the
procedures established by the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
· Maintain music for the organ in an orderly manner.
· Attend meetings as requested by the Senior Minister or Choir Director.
Compensation and Accountability:
This is a part-time position consisting of 12-15 hours per week. The salary range is $16,000 to
$20,500. The organist reports directly to the Director of Music and is under the supervision of
the Senior Minister and Staff-Parish Relations Committee. The church will pay for AGO
membership as a professional/educational benefit. FICA is paid by the church.
Persons interested in applying should provide a complete resume and no less than three
professional references. Send resume and references to: Mrs. Cindy Keener, Chair, Staff-Parish
Relations Committee CSUMC@islc.net Church Office. Phone: 843-524-3841